David Smith was first elected as County Councillor for the Lichfield Rural South electoral division in May 2013.
David's division lies in the south of Lichfield and includes the wards of Little Aston, Shenstone, Stonnall and Hammerwich and part of the ward of Bourne Vale (the parishes of Weeford and Hints with Canwell) and covers approximately 6683 hectares with a population of 13,265.
- All Party Working Group - Aspiration
- Charities and Trusts Committee(Vice-Chairman)
- Climate Change Working Group
- Countryside and Rights of Way Panel(Substitute)
- County Council
- Planning Committee(Vice-Chairman)
- Prosperous Staffordshire Select Committee